Due to recession and budget cuts, Swiss Facades has seen an increase in the demand for refurbishments of older building. Strabane District Council renovated two projects. Derg Valley leisure Centre Castlederg, and Melvin Sports Centre Strabane. Both of these building were in need of extensive renovations. Swiss Facades provided the external Swisspearl® cement composite panel to give the buildings a new dynamic finish. It demonstrates how outdated buildings can be transformed instead of demolishing and building new.
The Benefits of over-cladding and existing building;
- Energy Savings due to improved insulation values
- Increase in the effective life span of the building
- Increased income by improving the appearance and overall amenity value of the building
- More cost effective than demolition and rebuild.
- A substantial reduction in future maintenance costs by a reduction in condensation risk, thermal bridging and deterioration of the existing fabric.
- Swiss Facades processes enables ease and speed of construction